The 7th World Alliance for Arts Education Conference will be held in Auckland, New Zealand from 22-25 November 2017.
The aim of the conference is to share and build research and practice that evidences creative pedagogies in community and /or institutional contexts. Key features of the conference include:
• Recognition of diverse pedagogies and cultural practices. The conference will open with a traditional Māori welcome (Powhiri)
• One day of the conference dedicated to the Pacific
• Interactive, cross disciplinary and creative thinking/problem solving workshops where you will work in collaborative teams
• Arts disciplinary and cross disciplinary workshops where you will be the learner
• Arts and other performances throughout the conference
• Tours into community contexts where you may have the opportunity to observe diverse pedagogies in community and school contexts
• Strategic focus meetings for the World Alliance for Arts Education (WAAE), Asia Pacific Community Music Network (APCMN), others
Our vision is that conference delegates will be actively engaged in dialogue and practice with each other. We welcome you to come to Auckland to share your research and build new research plans.
A call for papers is currently open.
We look forward to welcoming you to New Zealand.
To find out more, visit the website here: Engaging with Communities