The program supports Ontario-based professional arts organizations to continue to work and participate in the arts community in the context of COVID-19. It encourages exploration, adaptation, and the development of new ways of working that will help to increase the resilience of Ontario’s arts sector. Projects must be in response to the challenges resulting from the pandemic. This can include activities that assist artists and arts organizations in the short, medium and long term.
November 3, 2020, 1 p.m. ET
- Applications are available in Nova approximately two months before the deadline.
- Grant notification will be available no later than four months after the deadline.
- ad hoc groups/collectives of professional artists or arts professionals with a permanent physical address in Ontario and who are eligible in at least one other OAC project program (see definition of ad hoc groups/collectives in the Guide to OAC Project Programs)
- Ontario-based not-for-profit arts organizations who are eligible in at least one other OAC project or operating program
- Ontario-based, Canadian-owned for-profit book or periodical publishers eligible for funding in OAC’s publishing programs
This program funds
The program supports a range of activities that may prepare arts organizations to carry out their current and future creation, production, presentation and school- and community-based arts engagement projects in an environment of change. This program also supports activities that explore ways to reach presenters, audiences and markets for visibility and/or income opportunities. Projects can also address public health and safety concerns. Projects may be focused on serving the needs of the applicant organization and/or the needs of other artists, arts organizations or arts communities.