Onsite Gallery is the flagship professional gallery of OCAD University and an experimental curatorial platform for art, design and new media.
Onsite Gallery is OCAD University’s professional gallery and experimental curatorial platform for art, design and digital media. Serving the OCAD U community and the general public, Onsite Gallery aims to foster social and cultural transformations.
- To advance the goals, aspirations and strategic priorities of OCAD University
- To collaborate with professional artists, designers and curators
- To develop public art, design and media interventions and works outside of the gallery
- To play a leadership role in developing dialogues and programming of relevance to Toronto, and to link these to international practices and issues
- To involve and respond to a diverse public of students, faculty and staff, as well as local and international cultural participants
- To stimulate curricular and co-curricular learning and innovative research in art, design and curatorial practice
- To heighten the public profile of OCAD University and to provide vital encounters between the university and the public
- To develop programs, systems and policies that involve and converse with people of widely differing experiences, including students, faculty, staff, researchers, artists, designers, curators and the general public
- To support excellence in visual culture
- To promote engaged citizenship through exploration of society, culture and aesthetics