Communications and Research Coordinator
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Communications and Research Coordinator will assist in planning and implementing a comprehensive communications strategy to promote and grow a national network of arts education practitioners. The ideal candidate will be passionate about increasing online interactions and website traffic, and building a dynamic and responsive brand. The Communications and Research Coordinator needs to be an excellent writer and editor, up-to-date with social media trends, and will be responsible for publishing blogs, newsletters, social media posts as well as managing the website. They will also be a technology savvy self-starter who is curious and motivated to learn, and adept at online research to populate and grow our database. The Communications and Research Coordinator will be able to work from home with minimal supervision, and will be required to assist with events, both online and in-person when COVID-19 restrictions ease.
Corporate Communications and Campaigns:
• Work with managing director to create a marketing and communications strategy
• Develop an editorial calendar for website, newsletter and social media
• Responsible for the execution of CNAL/RCAA’s brand and overall communications strategy
• Oversee consistency in visual branding of materials.
• Design and implement membership communications strategies, including membership drives
• Work with managing director to create materials for fundraising and membership engagement efforts.
• Implementation of Conference and Networking Hub promotional campaigns, including newsletters, social media and print materials
• Work with managing director to update news, blog, events, and other pages as news arrives or in accordance with editorial calendar
• Increase visitors to website through search engine optimization and Google Adwords
• Track performance of website/posts using Google analytics, propose and develop new content
• Other communications duties as required.
Newsletter Production & Coordination:
• In collaboration with colleagues, input and organize content, and deploy mass bi-weekly email communications
• Plan, coordinate, and produce newsletter content, based on website content
• Code and distribute using CMS and CiviCRM database
• Track opens and clicks
• Propose newsletter content
Social Media strategy and implementation:
• Responsible for daily maintenance of CNAL/RCAA’s social media presence, and engaging with members and other stakeholders.
• Package and distribute CNAL/RCAA content across channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.).
• Increase engagement along all channels, track engagement/outcome, and propose new strategies.
• Create content, including videos, for social media and email communications
• Monitor conversations/questions on social media channels and respond appropriately.
• Maintain relationships with social media champions for fundraising, membership, and action campaigns.
• Scan media for stories and trends of interests and distribute when appropriate.
• Research, analyze and compile data gathered from various sources, including the internet, social media, online surveys, and email for the development of an online map and other uses
• Maintain and develop online map with detailed contact information
• Attend and assist in administration and facilitation of Eduarts Hubs, Digital Roundtable Discussions and other events to increase project awareness and for data collection
• Research funding opportunities available to the sector and input them into the database
• Research online arts and learning tools to add to the database
• Input data collected into database and ensure map is updated and representational of sector
• Extract data from database for reporting purposes
• Identify appropriate segments for cross marketing and fundraising initiatives
• Ensure that electronic records are current, accurate, and organized
• Utilize the database to retrieve information required for program management, reporting and fundraising
• Update the website, including: testing and strategic review of functionality, implementing changes, and working with colleagues to update content to all sections of the website, in English and French.
• Manage events calendar, including national third-party events
Other duties as required
• University degree or college diploma in communications, journalism or marketing
• Minimum two years’ experience in a marketing or communications role
• Superior communications skills, especially written (writing and editing)
• Ability to write for many different formats including press releases, blogs, newsletters, web and social media content
• Thorough knowledge of social media trends, etiquette and platforms
• Experience working with website content management systems (CMS), such as Drupal
• Experience in developing and executing integrated marketing campaigns
• Excellent organization and project management skills
• Previous experience working in an arts or educational organization
• Knowledge of HTML
• Bilingual (French and English)
• Experience working with CiviCRM
This position is for 35 hours a week with a salary of $40 - $45k. This is a contract position ending on April 30, 2022 with the possibility for extension.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to Jennifer Petrilli at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: March 21, 2021.