The Saskatchewan Drama Association is a Provincial Cultural Organization and Professional Growth Network of the Saskatchewan Teachers' Federation. Our mission is to promote the growth and development of youth drama in Saskatchewan and to promote professional development through communication and drama development programs.
To facilitate the delivery of our mission, SDA provides a $1000.00 Entrance Scholarship to an eligible SDA student member graduating from Grade 12 and continuing his/her education in a post secondary institution with a major area of study in Theatre/Drama or Theatre/Drama Education.
Terms of Scholarship
- Have a membership in the Saskatchewan Drama Association for a minimum of one year. A student must be a participant in a SDA drama program, such as Regional Festival, in order to qualify for membership.
- Demonstrate a minimum grade 12 grade point average of 75% by either providing a school certified copy of your High School Transcripts sent directly from the school, or an original copy of your High School Transcripts to Saskatchewan Drama Association.
- Submit a completed SDA's Entrance Scholarship application form.
- Submit a letter address to SDA's Scholarship Committee explaining applicant's interest and experience in drama/theatre and two letters of reference from teachers/directors.
- Within one year, submit a copy of the letter of conditional admission or admission from the post secondary institution of choice that offers degrees/diplomas in theatre/drama or theatre/drama education.