To the Attention of:MANITOBA ARTISTS
Re: Annual Province-wide Juried Competition & Exhibit (OJCE 2020) will be Online and Virtual; September 30 to December 31 2020.
SUBMISSION CALL FOR MANITOBA ARTISTS
Publicity Release: Please help us to get the word out to ALL Manitoba artists by forwarding this notice via email, social media and websites.
The Manitoba Society of Artists has opened registration submissions for the OJCE 2020 competition as an online and virtual exhibit, September 30 to December 31, 2020. There will not be a physical location show in 2020.
Here are the online show's timelines and competition rules.
- The finalized rules and registration process is now posted on https://www.manitobaartists.com/ojce-online-show/
- Online registration for the competition has begun, and will continue until September 18th, 2020.
- Read the rules carefully, there are changes from last year.
- If you have difficulty with online submission consult the helpline email provided on the application.
- All submitted images will be displayed online September / October. These are the works to be juried.
- Selected works and awards will extend the November 2nd until December 31, 2020.
- Lecture (live or recorded) and promotion of the awards approximately November 6th, exact date to be confirmed in September.
- Summary: All events are virtual i.e. entirety of the show online including online submission of the artwork, long-distance / e-jurying, Jurors lecture via Live on Youtube and/or Facebook, Q&A session on Zoom, and the curated show only online. The show will run September 30 to December 31, 2020.
MSA very much appreciates the opportunity to provide this show online; this would not be possible without the financial support to hire a web developer for the show. We are grateful for the sponsorship of our gracious sponsors:
- One of our MSA long time volunteers has applied for a grant for OJCE from his employer, CanadaLife,through their community volunteer grant program.
- Our other sponsor is the Hilton Lee Foundation. Without this financial support, it would have been a great hardship for MSA to provide the 88th annual Manitoba OJCE this year.
Three cheers for these Manitoba arts supporters!
To All Manitoba Artists, keep working on your submissions, if you have difficulty posting, you can access our hellpline on a first come first served basis. Don’t leave it to last minute, deadline is September 18th, all posting must be completed by then.
God bless you all in this very unusual and