Cultural Events Fund
Applicants must clearly outline how specific activities at their event will adhere to COVID protocols which will meet and satisfy current alert levels. Applicants are advised to review alert level guidelines at the GNL site Alert Level System – COVID-19 (gov.nl.ca)
The Cultural Events Fund supports community cultural projects/activities that present local artists, artisans and/or performers of local historical heritage. The purpose of this fund is to engage citizens in their communities through the arts, as well as through the expression, celebration and preservation of local historical heritage.
The objectives of the fund are to support projects that
- raise awareness of and promote the cultural resources of the region and/or province
- maximize the impact of the contribution
- benefit a significant number of people
- are accessible to residents and/or visitors
- Activities in both the arts and heritage sectors are eligible.
- Applications with broad appeal will be given priority.
- Events whose primary focus is sports are not eligible.
- Eligible applicants are community groups or organizations; individuals are not eligible.
- Eligible activities:
Come Home Year activities
Significant anniversary commemorations, etc.
- Completed applications and supporting documents must be received no later than six weeks prior to the event to be considered for funding.
- Applications will be accepted on an on-going basis and assessed on a first-come, first-serve basis until available funds in a given year are exhausted.
- Please note that eligibility does not guarantee an automatic right to assistance.
- Most grant amounts are $500-$1,000, depending on the event’s size, duration and budget.
- A Cultural Events Fund grant will be issued in one payment following the approval of an application.
- Payment will be issued to the organization identified in the application.
- New organizations, or previously funded organizations with an updated address and/or contact information, are required to register for Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer using the form below.