Established in memory of Cathy and Laura Gainey, the Gainey Foundation is committed to supporting charitable organizations that offer environmental and arts education programs for youth.
The Gainey Foundation carefully examines all funding requests submitted by registered charitable organizations that offer environmental and/or arts education programs for youth.
Under the Income Tax Act, the Foundation may make grants only to “qualified donees”; for the most part this means federally registered charities.
To be eligible for funding from the Gainey Foundation, an organization must demonstrate that it is well managed and has an active and accountable board of directors.
Generally the Foundation does not support:
- Individual projects;
- Fundraising or debt reduction campaigns
- Telethons, auctions, draws or raffles for fundraising purposes
- Direct advertising campaigns;
- International organizations or those who provide support outside Canada;
- Churches and religious organizations;
- Political parties or any type of activity of political nature;
- Organizations acting as third parties or intermediates and service clubs.